In recent years, medical tourism in Turkey has gained tremendous popularity among those seeking affordable treatment for their health problems without compromising the procedures’ high quality.
One of the most requested treatments is Gastric Sleeve in Turkey. A weight loss surgery indicated in patients with obesity. It is currently one of the most successful treatments in the short, medium and long term.
What is a gastric sleeve?
A gastric sleeve is a bariatric surgery that involves removing most of the stomach, to restrict the amount of food that the patient can ingest. The portion of the stomach that is preserved fulfils all the digestive functions in a usual way.
With the reduction of stomach capacity, the patient reaches satiety with a much smaller amount of food and gradually loses the extra weight.
This surgery provides the best results because the patient eventually gets used to smaller portions. Their eating habits become healthier, ensuring that the patient will maintain their ideal weight once overweight disappears.
Like any surgery, the gastric sleeve can have complications, but fortunately, there is the option to undergo this surgery laparoscopically, which significantly reduces the possible complications.
Why do medical tourism in Turkey?
Most people who live in countries such as Ireland, the UK or the USA and need weight loss surgery do not have the financial resources to afford the surgery. These are considerably expensive in those countries.
Countries like Turkey offer the same treatments for prices that can be up to 3 times cheaper. But on top of this, the Turkish medical sector has a respectable reputation in the medical world, as its clinics and hospitals offer high-quality services.
Here are some reasons why you should get a gastric sleeve in Turkey:
- The specialists are well educated and have all the qualifications required by law, many of them have attended universities in countries like USA and UK.
- Health centres, both public and private, are regulated by the Ministry of Health and the Independent Turkish Medical Associations.
- Health centre staff are trained to communicate with patients in English.
- Many clinics in Turkey offer accommodation and transport services from the airport to the hotel and the clinic.
- Turkey is a safe and economically stable country, with excellent tourist attraction and affordable prices.
Undoubtedly, the ideal tourist destination to get a gastric sleeve is Turkey, if you still have a hard time making a decision, you can always read online reviews of those people who have already done medical tourism in the country.